Testing Information 2021
CLICK HERE >Testing Info 2021 in PDF form for easy printing. Testing Group Registration 2021 form for printing.
Hello home school families 🙂
It is testing time! Oregon requires home school students to test in grades 3, 5, 8, & 10.
Last year, due to Covid, the Oregon Department of Education extended the deadline to complete achievement testing from August 15 to November 1. The extension was a temporary action and does not carry into 2021. At the moment the testing deadline is August 15th.
In-person group testing will be Tuesday, May 11 in Pendleton for grades 3-12.
Remote group testing is available spring and summer through Basic Skills for grades 3-12.
Contact Basic Skills for testing options for grades K-2.
Practice tests may be purchased through www.basicskills.net .
Families interested in testing at home with a qualified remote examiner may get information at www.basicskills.net. The testing packets are mailed to your home; testing will be monitored remotely. Click the testing button to read how this works and how to register online.
The cost is $55.00 per test. The Performance Evaluation Report (PER) is $12.00 per student.
Upcoming remote group testing dates are:
April 16, May 7, May 21, June 4, June 18, July 2, July 16, July 30, August 6, August 13
Families are welcome to choose any date. Be sure to follow registration deadlines found on the testing page/remote group testing tab so you don’t miss out on the date of your choice.
Testing Group Registration 2021 form
In-person group testing will be in Pendleton at Peace Lutheran Church on Tuesday, May 11th, with additional days available depending on the number of students testing. You will be contacted via email if it is necessary to test your family a different time or day that week.
The cost is $60 per test. The Performance Evaluation Report (PER) is $12.00 per student.
The registration form and payment are due to Janet by the April 21st.
*NOTE* This year checks need to be written to Janet Haddock for group testing. Checks are not cashed until after testing.
Masks and social distancing are required by the facility. Please see the guidelines below if you will be group testing.
Please contact me via phone or email if you are a parent that would be willing to assist during testing to help with proctoring and sanitizing or if you have additional questions.
Have a great home school day!
Janet Haddock ����
Things to know for group testing day in Pendleton.
Testing Group Registration 2021 Form
* Please arrive at 8:45. Testing is scheduled to start at 9 a.m. and be done before noon.
* Please enter at the NW door of the building in the parking lot area. Exiting after testing will
be out of the testing area via the NE door into the parking lot.
* Only students and proctors are allowed in the building where testing is taking place.
* Masks are required in the building, and students will need to sign in for contact tracing.
* We will be using only the main floor. If students need the restroom, please use the one in the
* Please bring your own pencils and calculators. Calculators are not provided or necessary but
may be used on specific portions of the math test. Paper rulers will be provided.
* Students are encouraged to bring a snack in a sack or other container. Please take any trash
home with you.
* Students should bring their own water bottle; water fountains will not be available.
* Students are encouraged to bring a book to read if they are done early. Please do not bring
any electronic devices. If a phone is necessary, it can be left on airplane mode with a
* Students will be given assigned seats. Students are not to mingle but can chat with those
near them during breaks.
* Two students will sit diagonally at each table and maintain 6 foot spacing between students.
* Students from the same household will be grouped together as they are not required to
maintain social distancing.
* Parents may wait outside on the grassy area or leave and come back.
* If you wish to bring used curriculum to share/sell, please bring your own table and set it up outside of the building.
joining homeschooling families together in the Pendleton, Oregon area